Why do professionals refer parents of children with disabilities to Raising Special Kids?
- Parents are served free of charge, with reliable information that is family-friendly.
- Parents are contacted within 48 hours of referral.
- Parents are connected to trained and experienced staff and parent mentors.
- Parent to Parent Support is an evidence-based practice to assist families by matching them with a unique source of expertise: other families who have children with similar needs, concerns, and challenges.
- Open access: No eligibility determinations are required, any parent of a child with a disability may be referred, and information and services are provided in Spanish and English.
- Parents receive training and information to increase their knowledge about the health and educational implications of their child’s condition.
- Parents learn advocacy skills to assist them in accessing public programs and obtaining appropriate services, and knowing how to partner with professionals in decision-making.
- You build a stronger network of key community resources to support your efforts to serve parents of children with special health needs. Referring families can help expand your knowledge about the realities and challenges families face in raising a child with special needs.
- To create opportunities for partnerships in devising innovative strategies that implement family-centered values and practices and better support the families and children we serve.
Download our Fact Sheet in English or Spanish.
How Do I Refer Families to Raising Special Kids?
- Download and print our Family Referral Form. Click here to download the form which contains a waiver/release of information.
- Fill out the form with the family's information. Be sure to obtain the parent's signature (required).
- Fax completed form to (602) 242-4306 or email to email@example.com.
After I send the referral, what can a family expect?
- All services and programs are provided at no cost to families.
- Contact is made with the family within 48 hours after receiving the referral.
- Confidentiality. Information about the family is never released without their prior written permission.
- Information and assistance is available in Spanish and other languages.
- 100% Follow-up on Parent-to-Parent Support.
- A Physician Training program which includes a visit to the home of a child with a disability through our Family Faculty network .
- A program designed for pre-service teachers in regular and special education related to special education services, Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Section 504s.
- In-Service Training for professionals in education, health, or social services.
To request more information call 800-237-3007, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the form below. Please do not use this form to refer families to us.